Thursday, July 11, 2019

July 09 Bolea to Arguis

Gorgeous walk today, tough, but gorgeous. There were thunder storms last night and more predicted, so I was concerned when I left at 5:45 and heard the (last) faint rumbles.  Last night I looked up, "What to do when you are out in the middle of nowhere in a thunder storm (or some variant of that question)?  All the answers said, "Get into a car." If all else fails, and all else definitely would have failed, they show you this miserable crouching position to assume.  People of certain persuasions would have just as much luck praying.

I was going to do one of those get-picked-up-go-to-nest-day's-accommodation-be-returned-in-the-morning routines because there is shopping at then next destination and it is nicer.  However, in a moment of great clarity, I decided to stay at the hostal in Arguis because getting started the next day would be much easier.  And now that I am in Arguis, I can say, that that is definitely true.  I would have spent a half hour trying to find the path that runs behind the cement works when I would need that time to get ahead of the heat.  Anyway, now I will tell you about the Hostal.

It is cheap:  $28.00.  That it is more basic than basic is not the problem.  The problem is that it is run by the nastiest, rudest young women. (Maybe they are friends with that woman back in Prioro.) "Here is the key, this is the code, goodbye."  Wi-fi password wasn't being accepted.  They did not care, but I did.  Turns out that I am the only person staying here and the wi fi equipment, which looks like it s from the '80s is just opposite my room in a little "office" area.  So, Alex, I unplugged the router and plugged it back in again.  Then there was another thing, probably a modem (so I don't know the difference between the router and the modem).  To this device I took a paper clip and stuck it in the little hole to restart it (I assume), and guess what?  I got it to work. I keep losing the connection, but if I put the computer within two feet of the blinking lights, I get it back again.

Clouds misting away:



The hills are covered with yellow flowering gorse:



A silent pine forest



Thought this was the remains of old lead mines, but it is a certain kind of rock peculiar to Aragón






No comments:

Post a Comment