Saturday, June 15, 2024

Ribadesella June 13

 I arranged for the taxi to come at 6:40 and then regretted I had not said 6:30 because of course I was ready early and it was going to be a 28k day and every minute counts!. I went down at 6:25 and who should roll up a tthe same time?  El taxista. (Taxista can be M or F.).  Ten minutes and €10 later I was at the start point in Celorio, a town with a gorgeous beach.  Even though it was in the low 50´s and not yet 7:00 a.m....



three young people in bathing suites were frolicking on the beach having a wonderful time.  They asked if I would take their photo and send it to them as their phone had run out of juice (I am thinking that maybe they were pretty juiced, but they were so cute)



The girl on the right looks like Ellie!

The walk was a mixture of everything: some gorgeous beaches, upscale neighborhoods, 



farmland, highways, roads, lots of pavement.  


A church right on the edge!  You can even see its reflection in the water!  It is that close!


View:



A thoughtful and creative citizen:


A creative citizen of a different kind:  (remember, click on photos to enlarge.)



Ribadesella is divided into two parts connected by a long bridge, the access to which was not so easy to find, but a señora gave me directions.  The people in the above photo were crossing said bridge and this is a view from the bridge:



This is a view from my hotel room:


Not at all shabby!

This hotel is extremely comfortable.  You have to take an elevator from the street to the reception!  It is kind of strange.  Anyway, I was pretty much done in when I arrived and very hungry.  Luckily there is a good supermercado five minutes away.  Quickly bought some provisions, came back to my quite nice room, ate and just RELAXED.  Exploration saved for tomorrow!   


6 comments:

  1. The 3 young people are absolutely the BEST , I totally agree about the girl in the right, she looks like Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful Victoria!! It's true we were a bit juiced... Thanks for the photo and GOOD WALK!!! muxu bat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Ellie is Victoria's granddaughter! :-)

      Delete
  4. Good walk Victoria, the 3 people were definitely juiced… but they seem to be AMAZING!!!! muxu bat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a nice walk Vic, thanks for the photo 🥰 Muxu handi bat

    ReplyDelete