Sunday, June 16, 2024

Colunga June 15

 The stage from Ribadesella to Colunga was the prettiest yet.  Ye,s there was some road walking and un-shouldered bits, but overall, it was paths, tracks, gorgeous scenery all around, literally!  Stunning beach after beach after beach and mountains on the other side.  Even the cows were especially handsome, that warm brown, square-faced variety. (OK, maybe they all have square faces.)  Because the stage was short, I took a magnificent cliff-top alternative toward the end.  It was as beautiful as anything in England.

I swear!  I did not drive here!


Like I was saying...



This reminds me of the estuary into which I fell on my last walk in Spain.  Only this time I was up on a cliff, not down on the beach:


A glimpse of the sea through a grove of Eucalyptus:


Those trees smelled divine as does much of the countryside.

Contemplating hydrangeas while having a snack: 


My contemplation led to the conclusion that the manicured bushes look out of place, as does the palm, but, hey, it is not my hacienda.

Looking down at the sea, or is that sky? Maybe sky!



There were a number of these structures built not on stilts, exactly, but on concrete supports that keeps stroage shed or whatever it is exactly  about four feet above the ground:


In a cute town by the name of Vega, there were a number of murals around the town square, so, no, that is not really a horse in a stable:



And that cat is not really on top of the car nor is the dog looking out the window!


I wanted to say something about this street, but I forget what it was I wanted to say:


Village nestled right in there:


One of those gorgeous beaches:


Colunga is a one street town with two major supermarkets.  That is so weird.  Maybe there are a bunch of towns around that have no supermarket.  I am staying at a cute little hotel where my room has a charming balcony with a table and chairs.  The cost of opening the doors to enjoy this little bit of nicety is a bunch of flies circling the room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment