Friday, June 7, 2024

Arce, June 06

 The exit from Satander took two hours and it was not so terrible.  Definitely not the worst as the guidebook insisted.  The route became interesting some hours later when it looked like one could turn south to go to Arce or take the train for five minutes to cross some sort of track, which you had to do if you were continuing all the way to Santanilla del Mar, which I was not, at least not today.  It was all very confusing,  sort of like this description, most likely because I had not worked diligently enough to figure this out, so I took the train, realized when I got off that no, I did not want to be in Mogro or where ever it was. So... I took the train five minutes back to Boo, pronounced Bow as in bow and arrow, backtracked to a clear split in the route, and cobbled together a route from there to Arce and the rather nice hotel, which has a jacuzzi in the tub.  That uncharted segment of walking was the prettiest hour so far!  Sometimes, and just when you need it, Google Maps can outperform Outdoor Active and Work Outdoors!

Leaving the hotel in Santander at 6:35 a.m.

As in Levine?


I looked this guy up.  Turns out he was a businessman, a politciop and gave lots of money to the city.

Tunnel empty of cars:

       
                                         

It looks a lot better that way.

Being in great need of a bathroom and in too urban an environment to go behind some bushes, I entered a bar.  This picture on the door is how I knew it was the Ladies´ Room:



There was a little bit of grass after Santander:


It was so exciting!

Some honeysuckle smelled divine:



The pretty part near the hotel:



So glad I do not have to scale that rock!


Window in my room:  

















No comments:

Post a Comment