Friday, June 21, 2024

El Pito June 20

 Nothing particularly memorable about today´s walk except to say that it was just under 18 miles, it rained most of the time not too hard (except for a while when it poured), there were lots of puddles but all could be leapt over, skirted, or somehow navigated so as not to repeat yesterday's unpleasantness of waterlogged boots. 

When I started out at 6:30, the weather was iffy, so I thought, "Maybe I will be lucky."

                                        

Because, as it is said, every cloud has a silver lining even if it gold.  Ok, so that is not as it is said, but it is what I said to make the narrative fit the photo.  And for about an hour, I was lucky.  When you feel those first drops you have to hustle into your rain gear, otherwise you can get soaked pretty fast.  And then you are cold and all, and that is most unpleasant.

A mix of town and country:

The gentlest guard dog you ever saw (or maybe the oldest):


Guarding his flock:


The stillest horses I ever saw:


The cutest little fellow I saw today:


When it rains you don´t take pictures, so these were between the drops.

I am in a very nice hotel tonight.  The room is small but luxurious with lovely appointments, feel good linens, and a soothing view of a huge rhododendron from one window and of mountains from another, only that window is high up, so not easy to see said mountains.  The problem of the day was that there was nowhere to lay in supplies, so the canned tuna, which really needed some jazzing up didn´t get any, but I have my chocolates and tea.  Tomorrow and Saturday the provision situation is also bleak, so hoping for a taxi to a nearby town so that I can hit the supermercado, because on Sunday you are plain out of out of luck.

Speaking of high up (see just above) I have been wondering why it is that hotels put bath towels on a rack way up high.  Do they like the look, or are they afraid that the children might get into them?  Maybe it is simply an efficient use of space!






No comments:

Post a Comment