Thursday, August 10, 2017

Broad Haven to Marloes to Dale August 8+ 9, 2017

I had a plan!  Arrive in Marloes late morning—it is only 9 1/2 miles from Broad Haven—stop at B and B to leave pack, walk to the boat landing, take boat to see seals and other creatures, walk back.  The day started out calm and slightly cool.  But wouldn't you know, it started to rain, then the rain turned into what felt like icicles.  It was so cold I could not press the buttons on GyPSy, and all I needed was to miss the turn off!  Wore the light boots, so socks were icy cold and sopping wet.  Of course, no boats were excursioning today, so so much for the plan.  The heat is on in the B and B, thank God!

A sign that has guided many (or not):



Promised for today: clouds, no rain.  But as I was leaving The Clock House, where, I must note, I was kindly given shelter and a hot mug of tea yesterday when I arrived in my wretched state, it was ominous out there, so on went the pack cover, the wind jacket and the rain jacket for JUST IN CASE.  Whilst making these preparations, I did not notice that I had not tucked HAT under my belt, so later, when I determined that preparations for the rain could be dispensed with, and that HAT might save my air from temporary further awfulness, I did realize that HAT was GONE.  Fortunately, loss of HAT was not quite a disaster, for I had an extra hat in the suitcase.  But I did like original HAT ever so.

In Dale there was an art exhibit.  There were lots of things I liked, most too large to consider, and not only did I purchase four little bowls, but a very nice lady offered to deliver them to Chepstow, the last place I am staying, where I can collect them and figure out how to pack them.  Very excited about this momento.  AND another artist gave me, as a gift, a tiny watercolour that is utterly charming. AND it did not rain AND I am staying at Allenbrook B andB, the most fabulous place ever. Imagine someone saying to you, "How would you like to spend a night at Downton Abbey?" That is what it is like.

An object d'art, nay, two, one that is a lamp and one that is not:




Two planters, from L.A. (the owners have eclectic taste).  He:



She:



Bathroom is exquisite...



as you can see:


No comments:

Post a Comment