Monday, July 4, 2016

An easy day!

It really was, and gorgeous, too! Just one significant climb. Longish, though, at just under 17 miles. There was a surprising variety of scenery, from beach:




along which it was lovely to walk barefoot.

To vast open fields:




through which one does wear boots.

To an estuary:



along which one walks on a raised path.

And much else not photographed.

It was a gorgeous day, which you could probably ascertain from the cloudless sky (see just above). In fact, it was the first hot day. Hot and sunny enough to reapply sunscreen a couple of times.

Surfers, were out early:




And a triathlon was in progress. It was kind of funny to see a big, blow-up Finish Line sign and hear Beach Boys music blaring at 8:00 a.m. A bit later, I had to share the path with runners:



I called out, "Good luck," now and then to which some runners grunted, some said, "Good morning," or "I need it," or some such, but can you imagine my surprise when one guy said, "Thanks, Vicki!" What? Then I remembered that yesterday, as I was headed up a narrow road, an RV, which occupied the entire width of the road was coming the other way. Just as I was trying to figure out what to do, because there was no room to move to the side, the RV stopped, one guy got out, opened a gate, and the other guy turned into a driveway. The guy-who-got-out and I started to chat, and he invited me to see the house that he and his partner(?) were building because it had a great view, especially from the soon to be Bar-B-Q pit. Anyhow, it turned out that the driver guy was participating in the event this morning! How do you like that!

Inter alia, I was very happy to finally get a shot of a bunny, because they do tend to skitter away quickly:




Let's call him Peter!

A flock of black sheep look not ALL that different from the surfers:




On second thought, they do look pretty different. I thought they were otters or some sea creature, what with their basking on the point and all, but, no, they were sheep.

I did not see the bull:





But he must be very bullish because the field was full of his ladies and their young. Here is a pair who seem not to be on speaking terms at the moment:





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Braunton

No comments:

Post a Comment