Saturday, July 30, 2011

Still Strolling Along

Another easy day and only ten miles. It is hard to know how to break up this last section. The possible combinations are either too short or too long. Tomorrow Ian and Tanya go straight to Robin Hood's Bay, but I stop in Littlebeck.

After leaving the White Lion, we passed Fat Betty. I have no idea what this monument is for but here she is:




Can you see the candy wrappers near the top? Perhaps they were left by some rain soaked walkers as tribute to the sun god.

Isn't this a beautiful patch of heather?





And the color of morning glories is spectacular!





Tonight's B and B is plain but pleasant. It does have a breakfast room with a gorgeous view:





Tomorrow I hope to start out with Ian and Tanya. Then it will be just GyPSy (Get it? Arthur has been renamed; the new apt moniker is thanks to Mandy who, with John, took off on a long stretch two days ago), the map and me. I have so enjoyed the walk with Tanya and Ian. It will be hard to see them go.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment