Friday, August 12, 2016

Slow news day

Off early, as usual, to catch the best walking hours of the day. The walk today was pleasant, varied, but not dramatic except for one fun bit. There is a mile of beach, which you can walk across if the tide is low. But if it is not, you are supposed to take the road, which is unpleasant....not only does it mean walking on asphalt, but the concept of "shoulder" does not exist, so it is disconcerting when the cars whiz by without so much as a how do you do.

Back to the beach. It was thirty minutes before high tide when I arrived, so I asked a dog-walking lady if the beach was passable. She told me that one could walk to a certain point, take a flight of steps, and then go back down further on. Great! Get near steps and water is sloshing over the rocks, so off come the boots and through the water and over the rocks I go to reach the steps. It was rather fun, really! Again I had to ask about exiting the beach further down, and I was, and have been in general, so impressed by the helpfulness of people.

One view en route:



There is a monkey preserve that I really wanted to visit, but I would have had to wait two and a half hours for it to open, so, alas, I had to skip that.





Look who was back again today!




Dishrag with a view:




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Crafthole

No comments:

Post a Comment