Monday, August 8, 2016

A slow news day

Fowey is not pronounced "phooey;" it rhymes with "boy" and "joy." It has a lively harbour:




But first there was the departure from Charleston:





If one goes off the path, up the few stone steps and a little way beyond, one will find a bench, not quite obscured, on which that very one can sit and enjoy the view:




A guy, at least half naked, sleeping in field inside TENT:



In the house, cobwebs not so nice. Outside, another story (sort of like bats):



There were a lot of directional challenges today. It is such a stroke of luck when someone shows up to point out the way, and people tend to be very helpful...when they can. These ducks were a delight to behold among moments of frustration:





After arriving, I had to sort out plans for tomorrow, yet another rest day! I had originally wanted to stop here so that I could walk around the Fowey Estuary, a four mile walk involving two little ferries. However, I changed my mind and will go, yes, by taxi again, to Lanhydrock, a huge estate with gardens and victorian house, and walk around there instead.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Fowey

No comments:

Post a Comment