Wednesday, August 3, 2016

A little bit extra and rain

Last night's accommodations were about a mile and a half from the path. Long story short, as it is said (far too often) I did err. I had not realized that I had to go down to and then cross a beach, so I waked in a huge V almost back to the B and B before encountering a dog walker who got me sorted. Of a truth, there was no sign, but I should have studied the map more thoroughly. Once on track, I was rewarded with some gorgeous scenery:



Rain, at times heavy, was promised for today, and wrong the forecast was not. Oh, I was happy to have bought that poncho that doubles as a tent, but the attempted boot repair did not hold up, so I am going to walk in wet boots every time it rains and that's it. ¡QuĂ© pena!

The beach version of a Zamboni:



Thieves lurk everywhere:





And knavery knows no limits:



Falmouth on the way into town:



In the RAIN, I shlepped to Pendenis Castle, where there are many displays of historical note. The castle was used during the Great Wars, as they are called here, for housing and training troops. There was such a large contingent of US soldiers there that they called it the 49th state!

Here is where a group of.....wait, the table is set for 8, but the hammocks are for six. Maybe two always had to be on watch?




Of course, you want to see a close-up of the meat and taters that was in those soup plates! Lots more gravy in the bowls. Bowls and bowls of gravy!



If you were a high ranking military person, you had your own bedroom:



and en-suite toilet:


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Falmouth

No comments:

Post a Comment