Wednesday, August 3, 2016

A long day

It is good to get an early start:




because it assures that you will escape danger!




The route today was complicated with a number of hard to find turns and such, and these very naughty cows did not help. They were blocking a sign and a gate I needed to see. But you can't just say, "Look here, Bossie, you may be in my way!"



I was walking like a mad woman in order to reach Gillan stream, which can only be waded at low tide, and the ferry would not be beginning its runs until 12:30....much too late for moi. But make it I did. Took off the boots and put on the little Jambus, and through the water I went:





Here is the little ferry for a different crossing. Cute, isn't it!




I was glad I hurried because it gave me time to visit the Trebah Gardens, famous for their hydrangeas



It also has a marvelous sub-tropical area. These plants were huge! I was walking amidst them:



The base of a trunk:



This area was called the Bamboozle:



Fact: Some bamboo can grow eight inches a day and reach full height in ninety days.

Oh, Nessie, is that you? Are you visiting from yon bonnie banks?



A giant tulip tree in Glendurgan Gardens, quarantined because its roots had been trampled just too many times. Poor tree!




Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Mawnan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment