Wednesday, September 24, 2014

One day is more gorgeous than the last

And today was no exception. Not a shabby beginning to a walk, wouldn't you agree?




(Does Yale Crew practice here?)


An exterior mural on a rural dwelling:



And another:





One of those, "I don't know why I am taking a picture of this, but I just love it:"




Pleasant sounds: birds, cow bells, roosters, waves, rivulets, chatter, occasional singing, pigs grunting, cows bellowing, sheep bleating. Sounds not so pleasant: dogs barking, lots of dogs barking, traffic.


I had not expected the deluge yesterday and the weather report predicted rain again today, albeit not so heavy. I was prepared....rain pants, gaiters (some paths were reputed to be very muddy), maps in the waterproof case, everything buried in one Sea to Summit bag or another. Not a drop fell.


The rain from yesterday allowed for footprints in the sand where others did tread earlier in the morning:




One does want to be a good citizen, and yes, of course I would have closed the gate as asked:




had only there been one.


All rivers flow to the sea:





Sometimes there are mixed markings. At one such junction while I was deliberating, knowing that whatever I decided I was likely to be wrong, I did see a person heading up the way I was not going to go. I lost not a second but ran in pursuit to ask about the route. Who should this trailblazer be? Why Ingunn (now without her daughter who already has flown off to India in search of other adventures). We continue on together, stopping for lunch beside this tiny bridge:




I stay in Colunga and we say good bye as Ingunn heads off to the next albergue. I have enjoyed knowing her; she has been one of the delights of the walk.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment