Tuesday, September 16, 2014

I'd walk a mile for a tomato!

First the photo issue, now the blog is not posting. It seems not to appreciate the signal it is getting, but maybe a connection will work soon.

Yesterday, I was pretty darn done in, but today with renewed vigor, I set off at about 7:40, thankfully having figured out the way to the route last night. El señor who worked at the desk in the hotel era muy pero que muy amable---really nice, and after a few tries, and with his help, I found those beloved yellow arrows, which I would have hated to do this morning. I would say that knowing how to get back to the path erev (the night before) is as important as washing your socks every day the minute you arrive at the hotel.

Another gorgeous sky:





Who wouldn't want to walk here?



or here?



Super-sized bromeliad:





Fig, or the original clothing line in the dress business:





Recycled tires put to use:





I bet she was a real stunner in her day:




Just so you know, Alex:





Gatito...



Perro grande...





In an old house in Paris that was covered in vines.....OK, not Paris (yet).



Hardly saw a soul today on the 23ish K walk, but I did stop for the first time at a bar to buy water and a pintxo ...wrong spelling, but they are local delicious bits of things like tapas, 90% of which have sea food or ham, but this one was egg--just a bite or two, so people generally buy several with a beer. Anyway it was really good. Onward to the hotel, for an early arrival, to discover that they do not serve food, the town about a mile back would do me no good because it is a día de fiesta, and all the stores are closed there. After a couple of hours of recuperation from the heat, I set out in the other direction, along an ugly industrial strip (Tyco has a plant there) to seek out at least a tomato. The two and a half mile round trip was worth it. Canned tuna, saved for emergencies such as this, bread and cheese from breakfast, the just purchased, giant sized tomato enhanced with salt and pepper imported from New Haven, CT, a cookie needing eating, and some grapes made a fine dinner. My supplies are running low, but tomorrow Bilbao where I hope to replenish.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment