Saturday, July 13, 2024

Cee July 11

 The stage to day was well over 16 miles and while that is not so much, it felt like a lot and I was completely done in on arrival.  To backtrack, There was a thick, heavy mist and rain.  That is not so bad, but so much for not being able to see any of the scenery.  The biggest issue with the rain is figuring out how to be garbed.  Raincoat and pants or no raincoat and no pants or just raincoat with pants rolled all the way up for just in case??  In either case, poncho, yes. If you wear too much, it is a problem, if you are cold that is also a problem, but being cold makes you walk faster.  Did I care that I looked like an idiot wearing my pink headphones?  No, I did not.  At least the audiobook is downloaded so I could make some headway with Churchill. The amount of primary source material, mostly in the form of letters, is truly impressive.

A discovery:  In some places, I can get minimum internet if I turn on my US phone number, so it will be $10.00 a day until Vodafone or whatever network I signed up with here kicks in.  For getting around, like going to the grocery store, or finding my hotel, I NEED GOOGLE MAPS!!  

It would have been enjoyable to walk around Cee, but I was exhausted and the weather was so not inviting that I just hopped over to the supermercado, about two blocks away, for supplies.

One of those storage thingees but this one was made of stone and ws uncommonly large.  It is so large that it almost looks like a Roman aqueduct with a building on top!



Do you think this guy might be consternated?



Yeah!  

Being a person interested in languages, I spent some time contemplating what seems like some passive aggressive signage.  It may be that the one pointing to the right is saying, "If you want to go toward Muxia and bypass Finisterre, turn right.  If you want to go toward Finisterre, turn left."  Or maybe not!

This guy´s interpretation was far less charitable;


And who could blame hime!


There is a family of cats in the field outside my window.  Here is the mom with one of the kittens



Oh, the kitties are meowing right now.  



No comments:

Post a Comment