Friday, July 14, 2023

July 13, Cricklade to Lechlade

That is Lechlade as in lecher, and a cute little town-let it is.  Couldn't skedaddle out of those digs in Cricklade fast enough. Hit the trail at 6:00 a.m., later than I had intended because I could not fall asleep until who knows when last night due to the noise from the bar and restaurant that is the main part of this operation.

The stage today was pretty and also so-so.  Pretty means close to the river:


You want to take a picture every five minutes:


But sometimes away from the river is pretty, too:


and for some, contemplative:


Passing through I forget which town, I saw The Street again.  Is this tottering toward Kafkaesque or what!


Man, I wanted to cross this bridge, but since it was not my route, I only went to the top:


And saw people fishing:


The first boats appear on The Thames shortly before Lechlade :


Cows on their way to church:


Cows opting out:


"Please don't get between me and the gate!"  They didn't.

Reached Ha'Penny Bridge, my turn-off for today, only to find it  barricaded:


Like one should swim across the river?  Closed or not, I crossed the bridge and saw my hotel:


You can sit at tables by the river and watch the birds:


A duck out of water:


No, you can't have some of my apple.

You can also recreate, which, after a few beers might really be fun:


 




 




No comments:

Post a Comment