Monday, May 2, 2022

Riogordo to Villanueva de Cauche, May 01

A few minutes after I got up, shortly before 6:00 a.m., there was a blackout!  I mean pitch dark.  Luckily, I was near the bed, so determined where the pillows were, then reached for the nightstand, felt for my phone, and turned on the flashlight!  Phew!  The power did come back on about ten minutes later.  

There was little in the way of navigation issues today, but the route was very boring.  Mostly uphill as in about four hours of uphill, most of that on asphalt or cement, and for a finale, a several kilometer stretch along a major highway...no shoulder!

This is not El Mysterio del Día:


People do not clean up after their dogs!

This is:

There was some deep mud:

And a stream:

But I ask you: What good is the bridge doing THERE?  Fortunately, the water was not deep, so not the problem of yesterday.

Hotel is on the highway.  There is nothing and I mean nothing around here.  But my room is large, bright, and airy, and there is heat.  Believe it or not, the rooms have been chilly.  It is nice not to be bundled up.

This is the view from my window if you look up:


If you do not lookup, you see a large parking lot.

The hotel has a restaurant, so I decided to have lunch there.  Wish I could say it was great, but the fish was hard to choke down.  Not cooked enough, I think.  It was, however, a nice change from canned tuna, and very civilizing to sit at a nicely-set table with a waiter and all!


No comments:

Post a Comment