Sunday, May 1, 2022

Alcaucín to Ventas de Zafarraya, April 29

 A first!  Got going the correct way out of town!  In fact, barely made any wrong turns the whole way.  There was a real path today.  It makes all the difference.  The morning was gorgeous:


There was a lot of uphill, which may suggest why the ibex is a symbol in more than one art form:



Actually, I don't think it was the ascent of that inspired the ibex painting, which really is there to advertise the sculpture, because while steady uphill, it was not all that steep. But the area in general is mountainous with many sharp peaks.

Also, there was a horse:


who, after posing,  resumed his lunch:


Misterio del día:


As I approached Ventas de Zafarraya, where there are some nice stairs:


Close to noon, I decided to check the tracker.  Rojita had not even left Alcaucín.  On arrival in Ventas de Zafarraya, I called el taxista who informed me that she was on her way to Malaga....he had to take someone there this morning, so Rojita went along for the ride!  At about 2:00, she showed up, a mere three hours late.  Not the worst thing in the world, but annoying.  Incidents such as this are, at least, good for Spanish-speaking improvement.  Oh, the dueño of this bar/hotel, thought I was from Seville!!  I think he was just being nice.  



1 comment: