Thursday, June 29, 2023

June 27 Worcester and June 28 Flyford Flavel to Pershore

 Dear friends, for the events of June 27, the museums visited, the items seen, and the experiences experienced, I direct you to Alex and Alex's blog  where you will find a detailed and most entertaining account.  If the doings of the day have not yet been posted, they will be soon!  

Today was the walk from Hell!  I did this walk alone, so read about the A's experience on their blog, but maybe they fared better because I did act as a sort of scout, having headed out hours before they did, like at the time of creation:  

                    

so I was able to warn them of pitfalls to avoid.  Texting is wonderful!  Spoiler alert:  They really enjoyed the walk!!  And my advisements had nothing to do with their success.  

Cows:

I was not thrilled to realize that I actually had to turn around and enter the pasture wherein these extremely friendly bovines were grazing.  It was just luck that they did not block the exit gate.  Now I just spoke to Alex, recently arrived at the Angel Inn in Pershore, who  told me that these cows did not pay her or Alex a lick of attention.  Go figure!

Tell me that this is not the cutest little house ever!


The walk, was, for the most part, boring, punctuated by a few good views.  Lots of overgrown, grassy fields, lots of thorns and thistles, and it does not help when you push yourself through a very long row of thick barley only to realize, after I don't know how long, that you are not supposed to be trudging through the barley at all, but rather you were supposed to have attended to an unmarked brown post, which, had it been marked, would have sent you on a path parallel to the barley field but on the other side of the impassable brush where you could actually then get to the road.  Alex and Alex did not err here.

There were about three of these situations, so I climbed wire fences, wire fences with barbed wire, wire fences with barbed wire and and a wooden barrier.  Fortunately, none were electric.

We went out for Indian food tonight.  It was delicious!









No comments:

Post a Comment