Since my flight did not leave until 2:05 p.m., and given that the airport is a mere half hour's drive from the hotel, I had hours in which to get ready, and, of course, go for a walk! I prepared my standard flight menu: peanut butter and jam on crackers and fruit. (not on crackers. Airplane food is, IMO, just so terrible). Got organized and hit the pavement...and the path! It was raining! Not badly, but enough for the rain gear. Was this an omen? No matter, I was ready to get home.
It was time to trade
for
photo taken at Edinburgh Airport.
Edinburgh Airport is the worst! I used to think that Manchester Airport held that distinction, and it probably did for some years, but they modernized, at least their international wing, so they have moved way up in the rankings. The scene is so bad that you cannot even find your airline to check in. And the hordes of people, OMG! If there was a virus going around, and someone in the airport had it, you'd be a goner!
Then there was the gate change business. Yes, it happens, but not only did my flight have two gate changes, it seemed that every five minutes a voice came over the loudspeaker announcing other gate changes. What a zoo!
Despite the chaos, the flight left on time, arrived on time, and luggage was not lost!
After popping in for just a minute to see how Marjorie was doing, arrived home, ate almost 1/2 pint of ice cream and went to bed. It had been a great two months. I was fortunate on so many accounts: good weather, so very many nice people, beautiful scenery, and no accidents! Every now and then I thought I could have speeded things up a bit, but staying an extra day at many places, allowed for a richer and more varied experience. It was a most excellent hiking trip, with Many worthwhile side of off the trail experiences!
But I am going to miss you guys!
Yes, I am!
No comments:
Post a Comment